Camera issues (not related to control scheme)

Bugs for A2v0.3.0 and older can be posted here

Moderator: Development Team

amloessb

Camera issues (not related to control scheme)

Postby amloessb » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:08 pm

Everything here pertains to the camera in "Target Mode".

• If you move the camera to look straight at the ground or straight at the sky, it spazzes out massively if you keep pushing it in that vertical direction. You could probably put an imperceptible dead zone at the top and bottom of its travel, so that it will hit there and stop.
  • Furniture and walls act as solid to the camera. If I bump into the couch, for example, the camera will end up zoomed in really close to the subject. Could the camera be allowed to pass through objects to enable the player to see the action from any angle?
Thanks!
Patron since May 2016; $12 tier

T3X

Postby T3X » Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:37 pm

Yeah need to get around to fixing that first issue, should be getting to it soon.

As for the collision, I dunno, I want out of my way to make it like that because I thought it would reduce any frustrations of ending up inside geometry, but if people would prefer to just have free pathing through objects in the room I can do that instead.

amloessb

Postby amloessb » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Yeah, the passing through geometry is mostly a personal preference for me, but I like it because it means your camera doesn't suddenly end up somewhere you didn't want it to be if you hit something.

Maybe it would work better as a checkbox in the settings or an in-game toggle, in case some people like different schemes?
Patron since May 2016; $12 tier

Return to “A2v0.3.0 and older”